You are here

Forum Software Updates

Andy Clark's picture

Earlier today some changes were made to the forum software. Our forum software (bbPress) was integrated with BuddyPress.

In the future this will add a much more social aspect to the Videomaker website. For now we've tried to make the change as unnoticeable as possible.

Here are a few of the recent changes.

• Gravatar support.
    • Better Private Messaging (includes email notification)
    • Profiles and avatars moved from bbPress to BuddyPress. If your avatar looks a little different, try uploading it again (or use Gravatar.)
    • In the next week or so... the ability
      to log into the site using Facebook.

Please respond in this thread if you see any bugs.

Thanks,

-Andy

CraftersOfLight's picture
      Plus Member

Does this also cover the lack of Bold titles on those "unread/updated/new topics since you last logged in" that I have noticed today? That was a very useful tool for me. Now I have totry to remember"when was the last time I was on" and read around that time to current..

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

svtcobraltd's picture

I think a forum software like vbulletin would be more suitable. I use it on numerous forums and love it. So many features.

ophelia's picture

Key Master, Thanks for the fix, bcuz I kept getting error messages when I would click on "send" that stated I had to "actually submit content" (direct quote)- LOL! Started wondering if April Fool's day had come around again...