You are here

Final cut pro to blu ray

Reuben King's picture

Hi this may already have been covered in another post but I'm wondering about what sort of work flow people who are using Final Cut Pro to edit with are using to produce something on blu ray?

Reuben

Coreece's picture

You can edit and encode your video to a blu-ray compatible format in fcp, but since dvd studio pro still does not have blu ray support, you'd have to go with something like Adobe Encore to actually build and burn the blu ray disc. Please note that your mac will need to have an intel processor in order to run Encore....

Coreece's picture

">>>"the new FCP7 does have blu-ray burning capabilities, but I dont think you can have menus and all that nice stuff."

Yes....it's very limited and you have to use their predesigned templates....good for amateur home videos but hardly worth the upgrade for any professional looking to customize with any level of creativity.

Though I generally like to stay positive and look on the bright side of things, IMO, this is like a slap in the face....I'm starting to have flashbacks of premiere pro's old dvd authoring tool....what a joke....

Rob Grauert's picture

"but hardly worth the upgrade for any professional looking to customize with any level of creativity."

FCP7 is definitely worth upgrading too, just not for that reason. The new ProRes codecs and round tripping with Color make it plenty worth the upgrade.

FCP isn't for authoring anyway. If they were serious about Blu-Ray, they would allow for it in DVDSP.

cfulton's picture

MainConcept just released MovieExport, an export plugin for Final Cut Pro, QuickTime and iMovie with a number of higher-end codecs, supporting Blu-ray Disc, XDCAM, AVC-Intra, F4V, iPod, PSP, AVCHD, DVD, etc. So it could possibly get you closer to authoring aBlu-ray Disc.