You are here

Encore Menu - Play vs Enter on Remote - Help asap, thanks!

Orpheus's picture

Hey all,

I am working on a project with the simplest of menus. It literally is a static screen capture as the background and the title of the short video that I want to act as the play button. When I burned it, I can use my remote to "select" or "hit enter" or "ok" or however you would word it, to play the movie, but actually pressing play on the remote doesn't do anything. When I go to preview the menu all of the fast forward / skip / play / stop buttons are disabled....I'm not sure why the Play button would be disabled. I just need to know how to link it up so that the user can just push play OR push enter, or even just Play would be ok...Thank you for your time!

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

Hello Orpheus

I believe Encore does not allow that. In the menus the only option is hitting the "select" bottom to play your timeline or go to another menu. I check one Encore project I made to be sure and I try changing it like you want, but there aren't any options available so the "play" bottom could work as a "select" bottom. Note: I have Encore CS4

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

Orpheus's picture

Thanks for looking into it! I wasn't sure I'd even get a response as these forums seem dead. Anyways, maybe I didn't explain the best the first time. When I put in a regular, professional DVD I can either select the "Play" button from my remote or simply hit "Play" on the remote itself and the whole movie will play. Am I making this more complicated than it should be?

Are you saying that there's no way for me to create a menu where all the user has to do is hit the "Play" button on the remote? That's what I would like to create. I have only worked in CS4 a little bit, which is what I have / use, but it seems overly complicated to do such basic things.

Anyone else have other input? Thanks all!

Orpheus's picture

Still need some help on this one--haven't found a good answer anywhere I've looked!

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

Hello again Orpheus

I recently made a DVD in Encore and I was able to hit "Play" to select any menu, but only on a DVD player, not in any of my computer video/dvd players. Apparently there are no options in Encore for this, but it sure works on the DVD player.

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com