You are here

Editing 1 project different programs

abhra_m's picture

Hey guys

I got a question. Is it posible to edit the same project through different programs? In other words, can I cut a project in Pinnacle, add some effects in After Effects and burn it in Vegas? If so, how? Whats format should i export it as? Will this effect resolution / quality ?

Thanks

Abhra

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

The project formats are different between the programs so you will not be able to read your project between them unless you render/export it to a video file (Mpeg, mov, AVI, etc). With the video file you can then go to After Effect to add some effects or if you have Premiere you can use "Adobe Dynamic Link" to work between Premiere and After Effect at the same time. When I began to learn video editing I edit a part of a video in Vegas, render it into and then continue editing in Cyberlink Power Director. I didn't have a clue on how to use Vegas at that time and I had a deadline with that video (no time to learn Vegas). I strongly recommend that you use and learn one NLE at its full to make all your editing. You will lose a lot of time working between different programs and believe me, you will need that extra time.

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com