You are here

DIY DSLR RIG

D0n
D0n's picture

pay $200.00 cdn....

or.....

pay $15.00...

remove the lamp, bolt on a tripod quick release plate....

perfect for low angle shooting...

Woody Sanford's picture
Plus Member

Funny this comes up today, Thanks Don.

I've built many over the years and had some real good ones but this morning dropped 800 bucks for a Mutirig Pro. My wife somehow had to point that out this morning by saying I've probly spent 800 in PVC building them.

I will give my (as un-biased as can be) opinion of it after it gets here but after that anything you see me posting to brag about it just means my wife is looking over my shoulder. :-)

D0n
D0n's picture

;0)

here's a link of a couple test clips... considering I took the light apart to use as a video light, the bracket was scrap, added an old camera bracket and tripod release plate I had already, so the cost was negligible using parts I already had laying around and I can take it apart and re-use the bracket and tripod parts if I want to..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmFQsxE0YbU

ophelia's picture

Don -re: yourfootage starting at.49, are your cats really named "DOF" & "Manual Focus"?

ophelia's picture

But seriously, your DIY workaround here is great. Do you have a photo of your camera mounted on the rig? When you shot the last section (outside in the snow) did you just set up your camera and walk? Or were you able to watch the footage through a monitor?

Andre's picture

Wow, that is cheaper than my no cut or measure DIY frame stabilizer.

Good find Woody.

makingyourfirst.wordpress.com