You are here

Dvd playback is choppy and cuts off to early

puyaybusto's picture

I am a little new to video editing. I think I have most of it down, but am currently running into this issue.

I am using DVD Architect and burning my video from Vegas Pro 9. When I go to play the disc in my dvd players the video is choppy at time, skipping some video, and it is ending before the end of the movie.

The video is 85 minutes long, and 3.7gb. When I take it into DVD Architect it says that room is left on the disc, so I know it is not full, at least I hope it is not. This is for a wedding so I need to keep the quality as high as I can. I have already removed more clips than I would have liked to try and get it to fit on the disc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Kevin Reese's picture

Hi Steven,

When you import the video into DVDA, does the whole video appear on the timeline at the bottom of the screen?  Does it play correctly in DVDA?

puyaybusto's picture

Yes it does all show up in DVDA and plays smoothly.

I will try burning at the slowest speed.

Gregory Watts's picture

Steven, if able try switching to a Double Layer DVD Disc. You can get twice the data on it. the time of 85 minutes is long regardless of file size. The software may be trying to compensate.

Another factor, are you using the computer while it is rendering?
Two ideas.

Render the file FIRST, sometimes people will compile the time line and try burning straight to DVD.The computer then has to render, cache and burn. If you are doing this try rendering to a MPG file first, then bring that file into your DVD authoring software and make your menu's etc.

Another point, since nearly 100% of CPU and GPU in most OEM systems is used to render, if you are say surfing the net and watching youtube or any other video, the rendering codec must swap back and forth from what you are watching to what you are rendering.

Regardless of the hype of the companies, computers do not do two things at the same time, they just switch from one task to the other in millions of nano seconds. but if you are using the video or music codec's on the computer at the same time those switches can show up in rendering.

"A Photo Captures but a Moment in Time: Video Captures a Lifetime in a Moment"

Harry Brooks's picture

As Mr Watts suggested, I also burn a blu ray image rather than direct to disc. I have an instant backup( I burn to an external HD)and uses less resources.

Harry

Give the Bride What She Wants!

Robert Pancake's picture

What format is the original video file in? Is it HD? The software could be having trouble downgrading the video to DVD size on the fly. If you can, try to import the video into DA at the size needed for the final DVD. Hope that helps a bit...

Robert ----------------------------------------------------------- http://www.virtual-studio-set.com - Animated backgrounds for green screen video productions