You are here

Canon HFR11 HD Camcorder Pixela Software Processor problems

rbest's picture

Canon HFR11 Camcorder. Be careful buying this camcorder. I bought it fo our summer vacation. Tried editing the video and my edited clips lacked sychronization - people talking but mouths not moving, following clip audio coming in on previous clip and there are other types of glitches in the edited video clips.
Found out that the included Pixela software program requires at least a processor with at least 2.33 GHz (for high quality video) and my HP notebook only has 2.10 GHz. Cannot upgrade my HP Notebook processor as it only supports 2.2GHz. Any suggestions how to edit my videos?

Fortunately, Costco has a 90 day return policy and I am still under that.
Also, no flash, and have to set to Manual Exposure when filming in indoor setting and to compensate for backlighting.
Ray

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Have you tried any of the free trials out there for better editing programs? Most offer fully functional 30 day versions. You will want to read up on their minimum specs to see if they will work better withyour laptop.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)