You are here

CALL for Entries - money prize 4500 euro

fpdc2's picture

You can now
ENTER THE COMPETITION

VIII PONTINO SHORT FILM FESTIVAL 2012
MONEY PRIZE EURO 4.500 - FREE: NO FEES

FICTION, ANIMATIONS, SHORT DOCUMENTARIES e SOCIAL ADVERTISING...

FREE THEME or concerning AFRICA TOPICS
or concerning ENVIRONMENT-HUMAN BEING-ANIMALS

9 PRIZES:
Best Italian Film, International Prize , Best Female Director ,
Public Award , Prize Corto Press (best script),
Low Budget, Lazio Youth, Best Pontino Short Film, Prize Short Africa

http://www.fpdc.it/wjs/index.php?lang=en

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

This area of moderating give me a headache, Mr. Porter. I wish there were a better way to research and define the entities or groups involved, the veracity of their promotion and the legality of their claims. But I am at a loss. I've canned a few that simply did not seem to pan out when checking the links, etc. Others, I simply cannot feel positive about them, but don't want to discourage Videomaker Forum participants from potentially positive contest experiences.

Your warnings are always good for readers to heed ... It's just too difficult to assess the validity of these various contest calls. Wish Videomaker could/would make it a primary concern and seriously follow up or establish some SOLID guidelines for anyone posting film or video contests.

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Herr Chesser,

Yeah, contest adverts are often a PIA because there's soooo much room for scams and chicanery to envelope eager filmmakers. Legitimate film festivals have enough of a scam element to them as is, but when you start getting stuff from overseas the likelyhood of it being a rip-off reaches near certainty.

In this case, I checked it out and though there is no upfront entry fee two things set off my 'Scam Sense'. One, it's an overseas based contest in Africa and they're paying the potential prize in Euros (without an entry fee?) Second, you can't just pull up the rules which is supposed to be on a downloadable pdf without entering into the contest. Whether it's just a bad set up on their website, or the business end of a cyberscam, it's not worth messing with. Not to mention they say nothing about whether they'll sponsor a trip for festival winners to attend the award ceremony. Any film fest worth their salt will do that for at least one international winner

So as I said, "Filmmaker Beware". And I agree, that VM needs to setup some solid guidelines for these contests.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com