You are here

Birth of the 'Ponzi' Scheme....

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Lately, discussions on the forums have leaned toward sniffing out scams and dealing with piracy. Very serious topics that should be taken seriously. On the other hand, one can use 'Gallows Humor' to alert people as to how scams work. Here's an animation that apparently was intended for the "Ocean's 13" special features but should have been around a while ago....

Ponzi from Strike Anywhere on Vimeo.

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Don't it though? This was exactly what Bernie Madoff did for nearly 30 years. Part that gets me was; he could have went legit after the first couple of years and nobody would have ever figured it out. Greed overcomes brains every time it seems.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Rex,

Exactly like SS. Each generation pays for the previous one. Unemployment Insurance is the same too. Everybody thinks it's like a bank account that they get to tap when needed. (sound of angry buzzer) Ooooh sorry, that's incorrect. Thank you for playing....

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

The part that bends me out of shape, is all the money that gets tossed in at the city, state and federal levels where does it go? Why are they always cryin' 'broke' while I get to watch my little bit of cash go on top of the endless line of wheelbarrels full of loot head off to the offices of power?

Rex
Rex's picture
Plus Member

These people can't even balance a check book but year after year they say more money will fix the problem. Like giving crack to a crack head is going to sober him up?

I tell ya' if more people experienced being in business for themselves they would probably better understand how wreckless politicians are with other people's money. I could go on for days about the lack of accountability exercised and exploited daily in the ivory towers.

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

"I could go on for days about the lack of accountability exercised and
exploited daily in the ivory towers."

Yeah, well that's a rant for another post my friend. But if you've got more info on scams and the like, 'fire at will.'