You are here

"Birth Of A Predator"-Documentary filming with Canon HF S21

adventurer1's picture

I'm working on a documentary film with the Canon HF S21 and I'm finding it to be a great little camera. Getting into tight spaces is key sometimes and thjis camera does a great job. Here is the link:http://vimeo.com/28512314.

Mark

pseudosafari's picture

okay, i'll bite (pun intended). how did you get those shots?

it's great stuff and the camera definitely does its job.

tylerknight's picture

these are beautiful shots! I can't believe they are coming from that camera! I used to own a Canon HFS100 but if i was to place it in that kind of lighting you wouldn'tget near the sharpness.

Charles Schultz's picture

Great shots and I am with pseudosafari, how did you get those shots? How far away were you or did you find the nest and set the camera up and had it set to motion sensor somehow? I will have to watch the rest of the videos, the first one is quite good.

adventurer1's picture

Thanks for the comments! I live near the Everglades and found a couple of gator nests back in June and have been filming them all summer. Then it was every day for hours on end sweating my ass off for about 3 weeks prior to hatching. The nest in this video was filmed from about 4 feet away behind some rocks. No motion sensor or any other equipment besides my trusty little camera was used. Persistence and some good luck thrown in...they could have hatched while I wasn't there lol.

Charles Schultz's picture

Mark, I just checked out the rest of your vids and found the one of the baby teeth very amusing as it was chasing you down. The PSA one was very sad. I have to say dude you must have big pair to sit 4 foot from a gater, they must not have a very keen nose or something. With footage like these I am sure that National Geographic may be looking you up if they need some footage from the glades.

pseudosafari's picture

I am really impressed that you shot that in the wild. I figured a zoo or something...man, that is awesome. Great stuff, and thanks for sharing!