You are here

Best way to upload while converting

XTR-91's picture

How do I upload a videowhile converting?

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

In my experience I usually need to convert my video before uploading. YouTube and others convert while uploading, provided your original video is in format they accept. But, for example, I use DV Kitchen to prepare (convert) my videos for uploading to whatever sites I want to upload, then DV Kitchen uploads my video, if that's what I want to do, AFTER it converts or processes it.

doublehamm's picture

From my experience .mxf files show the best once converted on YouTube. The quality of MP4 and AVCHD seems to be greatly compromised in comparison. Even though it "processes while uploading" it only live processes the 240p version, and then does the rest of the upscaling processing up to 1080p once the entire video has been uploaded. I am not sure if this is what you mean though.

doublehamm's picture

Not sure on that one. If anyone know I would love to hear as well. Maybe some kind of script out there. Even if it were built into an NLE to upload after rendering as a script or add-on it would be helpful as often I would like this to be done as well.

XTR-91's picture

I need torender live streaming video to 360p24 WMVon a web server while buffering the remaing video on a computer's hardrive.