You are here

Aspiring videographer seeking advice

rtimusic's picture

I'm an aspiring videographer who hopes to penetrate the market of video coverage (audio visual presentations, music videos, & wedding coverages). I've been reading and researching a lot and I'm finally about to buy a Panasonic agvhx200. I'd like to ask for help on what kind of secondary videocam (something that's below $1500) I can get so my video quality doesn't differ too much from the agvhx200. I plan to use the secondary camera as an unmanned camera for my wide shots. Also, what kind of mics (I was thinking of a lapel mic & a boom mic -- what's a good affordable brand) & lights should I get initially? What kind of accessories should I have for a start? Thanks.

jjvidplus's picture

It's been my experience to use something of professional quality--perhaps a Panasonic PV-GS150 or similar model. It's a consumer cam, but uses the same technology as their broadcast models. As far as prosumer models, the AG-DVC20 (which I just purchased on eBay) is good. Some reviews are negative, but I wouldn't worry. Accessories should include extra batteries, filters, a wide angle lens and solid tripods--Manfrotto or Sunpak.

JJY