You are here

Are You a Dreamer?

Cville's picture

I thought I would start this thread after reading a post in another thread by Earl.

I have to think almost everyone on this forum is a dreamer. I know that I am. I don't dream of the big screen but I certainly enjoy and appreciate those that do. I dream in 3-4 minute segments at a time. I have a list of production ideas that I continue to add to when an idea comes along.

I have watched some of the shorts that Daniel Hart has posted and I have to think that he dreams somewhere around 100 miles per hour. :) I think I'm in the 20 mph range myself.

My dreams revolve around producing christian video shorts. I also have a vision of running a christian video festival in the near future. If all goes well that will happen next year.

In the meantime full time employment and everyday life gets in the way. I do small pay projects to help fund equipment and my productions. Even when you get all volunteers for a production you still have cost. Feeding people, props, equipment etc.

How about sharing what your dreams are.

ggil's picture

I have produced a few videos, mostly of my family, for my own personal pleasure and I'm very proud of them. I'm grateful to the many that share and inspire. Keep on sharing and inspiring the rest of us with your work. When I feel confident about my videos and their quality, I too will post them. And just like you, full time employment and life keeps me from doing more. That's okay too.

Charles Schultz's picture

I started working in corporate for a while and got sucked into music vids and I like it. I have one almost done and another to produce. Then I can release them both. I am hoping that they will generate some business. If not, I will go after corporate again. I love to learn new things and corporate is the bomb to me. Music lets me play but it needs to start paying for me to keep doing it.

layer3's picture

Hi!

I am not big on it as I have just joined but really have a dream create a small video explaining all the aspects of piracy and telling people what they are doing to their own country and people by not buying legitimate content.

Daniel Hart's picture

All I know is that I want to make videos, I just don't know exactly what yet. For now, I'm just continuing to improve my skills and making the fun little films. Hopefully someday, I'll find a career in video production that I enjoy, while also glorifying God.

-Daniel

"What the joke needs, the joke gets."

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

ONLY when I'm sleeping. When I'm awake I get to write books and produce video, and some of those are more "nightmares" than dreams.

I have a desire to be able to expand on the Video StoryTellers! program I developed and there are a couple of documentary-type productions I've always hoped to find the time, money and energy levels to finally pursue and make happen.

Life is good.

birdcat's picture
Plus Member Moderator

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty
recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams
with open eyes, to make it possible
" - T. E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)

Dreaming is critical to the creative process - My best work was created first in my mind - before I put one frame on the timeline.

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com

Ed Rogers's picture
Plus Member

I need some form of inspiration to start my dreaming process.  My latest creations are a Sunoven Seminar (temporary draft linked) and spending family time watching the latest eclipse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmEi4zdfHx4

I guess my previous experience, creating aircraft maintenance training while I was active duty, may have stunted my purely creative side.  Still, I'm having a blast!