You are here

Amateur to Amateur Advice....

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

As one of the many Pro and Intermediate Gurus here in the forums, I've given tons of tips and advice to tons of Amateur and newbie videomakers. It's always cool to find an Amateur or Intermediate who has the chops to put out good info that even we pro's can find useful. Here's a vid by Dave Dugdale on 'How to Greenscreen with Adobe Premiere CS5'.

How to Key Green Screen DSLR Footage in Premiere Pro CS5 from Dave Dugdale on Vimeo.

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

Nice video Wolfgang. My greenscreen set have guerrilla written all over
it, but it works great. Although the set temperature rise like 5
degrees, I turn the lights off from time to time and I put a fan in the
side for a more "pleasant" experience. For chroma keying I prefer to
use After Effects because its way more powerful than Premiere and I feel
more comfortable with it. Check out my greenscreen guerrilla style set,
enjoy

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Luis,

Yup that's straight 'Guerrilla' brother! One way to cut down on heat on set is to use Compact Flash Bulbs instead of Halogens and Flood lights. CF Bulbs come in comparable wattages of 100, 150 and 300. You'll have to double to quadruple up on bulbs to achieve a certain wattage level (i.e. 600w = 6 100w, 4 150w or 2 300w) but, they're much cheaper and don't kick out anywhere near the heat. You can also get them in Daylight and Indoor (Tungsten equivalent).

Be advised CF bulbs are 'off color temperature' from traditional bulbs. Indoor bulbs rate at around 2700K and Daylights rate at 6500K so make sure to do a good manual white balance and adjust your exposures accordingly.

Halogens are best used outdoors for shooting. Indoors they do present a potential fire risk.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com