You are here

Adobe premiere pro CS5 and Magix video pro X2

Umberto Palmeri's picture
Plus Member

I hope that someone can put me in the right direction. I have been doing video editing for a long time not as a profession. I used for a long time Ulead Media Studio Pro 8. I recently bought a very powerful 64 bit operating system and I want to drop Media studio pro and choose a new editing software. I am undecided between Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and MAgix video edit Pro x2. I tried both softwares for a month and I learnt the Magix in no time while it's taking me a lot more time to learn the Adobe. Should I stick to the Adobe or is Magix just as good ? Thank you, Umberto.

Francis Maluda's picture

During 80s - 2000 I use adobe premier with Mira and upgrade to Pro-Line hardware card. Adobe is good but also sometime crash. Quality is not so bad but also poor. Then early 2000 I switch to Canopus Edius. I was amaze with the quality and easy to use interface. Adobe became more complex and prone to crash. Try Edius 5.12 and its Pro-Coder. You will never regret.

Chuck Zoots's picture

I just started using Sony Vegas Pro a few months ago and thanks to video tutorials on the Sony site and more found on the web I got up to speed really quick, and so far it has not crashed.

pseudosafari's picture

I went from Pinnacle Studio (which isn't so bad) to Adobe Premiere Pro and I love it, don't regret the switch and don't look back. The Adobe site is loaded with tutorials, and like anything else, you get out of itwhat you put in to it. I can't speak to Magix, but I can say Adobe's top notch (in my experience).