You are here

Adding Magic Bullet Mojo to my footage

gerrylane's picture

Hi All.

I'm pretty new to video editing and I was wondering how I should use effects in general. I use Sony Vegas Pro 9.

For exapmle, I have a 15 minute piece of video made up of various scenes...do I render all the scenes first to one file and then re-import the 15 min video as one file , then add my Magic Bullet Mojo effect just once....(and if so what file format should I use?)...or should I add the Magic Bullet effect various times to the individual clips and render the whole thing just once?

Thank you in advance.

pseudosafari's picture

I'm no pro, but I'd render it once.

One reason is that each time you render, you're compressing and losing quality (maybe a little, maybe a lot, but SOME for sure).

If others have input, I'd be interesting in hearing it, too.

Rob Grauert's picture

You want to add effects to clips individually because each clip is different. Magic Bullet effects are really only presets - a starting point - so you SHOULD adjust the effect of each clip to achieve the best results.

There are only a few occasions where dropping an effect onto an entire sequence is appropriate

birdcat's picture
Plus Member Moderator

If you are using a single track for the video, you can add effects to the track, instead of each clip.

If multiple tracks, you can make each of the video tracks children of a control parent track and add the effects there(I think - Never had to do that).

However, as Rob said, each clip may require it's own settings and as Pseudo suggested you could always pre-render to a high quality intermediary.

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com

gerrylane's picture

Ok guy's....thank you all, very much for the info, much appreciated.

I will try each of the suggestions.

Take care.