You are here

6/8 cameras to 3/5 screens

goodm's picture

Hi,

Simple task, much more complicated. I've 6-8 cameras and 3-5 screens, I have to connect them and pass the image to screens.
Everything must be going through 1 or 3 computers (mac/pc).
So can someone help me with finding the hardware? I need to buy some switcher which will pass the video from 2-8 cameras to
1 or 3 computers. I just need to write software to manage the passing video, but it must be dynamically and between live video
also need put some adverts.

Thanks for any help.

MediaFish's picture

At Media Fish Productions we use Black Magic Design products. The switcher model we use is their ATEM 1 M/E. You should check out their products. We use the ATEM1 M/E to drive multiple LCD flat screens along with multiple projectors. Depending on what you need to be able to do you may need to buy several convertors, video down/up convertors, audio mixer, and lots of cable.

Good Luck

Jeff Media Fish Productions

goodm's picture

I think about it, currently have one ATEM. But probably will need more, cause this have 4 input but only one output.

MediaFish's picture

On the ATEM HDMI program out of the BMD we use HDMI splitters and run 4 outputs per splitter. We have run as many as 12 LCD flat screens with no issues. Plus the BMD ATEM 1 has 4 additional SDI outputs we assign AUX outputs to each and use SDI to HDMI or straight SDI output depending on the device being used (LCD flat Screens or Projectors). so on the BMD ATEM 1 M/E you have 8 inouts (4 HDMI and 4 SDI) and multiple choices for output just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. On my preview screen I can preview and switch 8 inputs. We normaly run 3-6 cameras and loop back the Hyperdeck Studio Recorder output for instant/normal replay. The ATEM has two media players that we load with graphics overlays from the media gallery. We also use the Hyperdeck Studio Recorder for queuing up and playing advertisements.

Which ATEM do you have? the BMD TVS has 4 inputs not sure about the the output. We use the BMD ATEM 1 M/E at MFPTV.

Jeff Media Fish Productions

goodm's picture

Issue is in this that I have to write some small desktop app that will manage the input videos and send the picture toparticularLCD screen. The best option if the person, which is not related in production of this, caneasily control it and everything be on 1 workstation (some PC with power Graphic Card), but probably will have use couple iMacs for it. This is what I got so far from previous projects:http://www.blackmagic-design.com/uk/products/atemtelevisionstudio/