You are here

5.5 vs 6

ikswotug's picture

i have been looking at gettingAdobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium and was just made aware that 6 is out now (caught sleeping i know) im just wondering if the difference is worth the extra $300 and why

thanks- gut

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

In my opinion if you have the extra $300 you should get the latest version available. The newer version has new bells and whistles which may be useful for you and plugin developers will updates their plugins to work better and more efficiently with this newer version. I use 5.5 and haven't upgrade because I'm looking to buy a new more powerful computer system and later upgrade to CS6.

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

pseudosafari's picture

Plus, I think Adobe only offers free call in support for the latest version. Don't quote me though. But if that's the case, and you're new to it, you'll appreciate the new support (maybe). I've only used it two times though since version 4, for what it's worth. Other than that, I say get the newest one.

Rob Grauert's picture

I would upgrade. Personally, I like how similar Premier Pro is to Final Cut (although, if you want to be a professional in this field it's necessary to learn Avid and Smoke 2013 too). After Effects CS6 now has true 3D extrusion. And the bundle now includes Speedgrade. If you plan on using more than Premier, Photoshop, and Illustrator, I think it's worth the $300 upgrade from CS5.5

pseudosafari's picture

gut, i use premiere, after effects, photoshop, audition, and acrobat a lot. i am learning dreamweaver but haven't switched from frontpage yet, but should be completely switched over soon. i dabble with flash. all of them work together well.

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

Whenever I make a video I use every single Production Premium program (except for Flash ).I could not see myself without any of them. Better said I would not call myself a pro without any of them :-)

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

Woody Sanford's picture
Plus Member

I'm kind of like Lomaymi. I import my footage to PP and then dynamic link to everything else. So PP is just a stage for importing and exporting mainly. I do most of my editing in AE and always work on the audio a bit as well, so my workflow is to import raw footage to PP and then go to what ever else I need to edit other than rough cutting, I do all my color correction in AE as well but sometimes make an adjustment layer for that in photoshop. Thank the all mighty for 64 bit systems and there speed to handle that.