You are here

2 Frame Rates?

shippocaio's picture

I have a Canon HR10, and it has the option to either record in 60i or 24p. I always shoot in 24p, since i like the "slower" look and the fact that there is no "Interlace Lines" (I don't know what those are called.)

But i recently read somewhere that you always should shoot your movies with the highest frame rate possible, since you can change it to a lower frame rate in post ptroduction, and you will have more options.

Well, is it better to shoot at 60i than change it to 24p and/or just interpolate the "Interlace Lines" (hahaha.. i really need to lear the name of the lines) or just shoot at 24p?

Any help would be appreciated, and BTW, I have Sony Vegas Pro 8.

Kuddos,

Caio.

Rob Grauert's picture

<span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px;">"But i recently read somewhere that you always should shoot your movies with the highest frame rate possible, since you can change it to a lower frame rate in post ptroduction, and you will have more options."</span>

<span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px;">Here I don't think having options in post is the issue. I think you need to think about how you will deliver your video. If you will post on the web, then you should shoot 60i and then export to 30p. Why? Because computer screens at 30p. If you are shooting for broadcast, which your probably not, then shoot 60i. Personally, If you're going to deliver on DVD, then I think you can author in 24p, im not sure though. I always stick with 60i.</span>

<span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 20px;">So like I said, your method of delivery will answer that question.</span>