Learning by doing is fine. If you sit down at an edit controller and hit the buttons until they do what you want, you will probably learn how to edit. Do it long enough and you might even get good at it. But once you understand the basics of the craft, you may want to try to attain a higher level of sophistication. To do that, you should study the masters.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject