There is now a massive selection of CD audio that's legal to use and accessible to anyone will to pay the price - and the price isn't bad!
In the last couple of years there's been an explosion in the music and sound effects libraries industry. There's more variety and a higher caliber of music and sound effects than ever before.
Unlike many services these days, where asking for a customized product is like asking for a slice of the moon on a cracker, sound library producers take pride in their ability to give the consumer personal, and often custom-tailored works. This buyer's guide will introduce you to what you need to know about licensing professional music for your productions.
Remember, whenever you use music created by someone other than yourself, you need to obtain permission from the holder of the copyright. Like any good legal transaction, this requires money and red tape. But wait! The music libraries in this grid were designed to make this process as easy as possible. There are three common types of licenses, each with their own benefits and drawbacks.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject