It is good practice to always use a release form when you'll be including a person's name, face or voice in a video that you are producing for pay. A signed and dated release form for each person in a video is the best way to protect yourself legally from requests for additional compensation.
Please Release Me
It is good practice to always use a release form when you'll be including a person's name, face or voice in a video that you are producing for pay. A signed and dated release form for each person in a video is the best way to protect yourself legally from requests for additional compensation. Photocopy this one-page release form for your use.
The undersigned enters into this Agreement with ___________________________ ("Producer"). I have been informed and understand that Producer is producing a videotape program and that my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance is being recorded and made a part of that production ("Product").
1. I grant Producer and its designees the right to use my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance as embodied in the Product whether recorded on or transferred to videotape, film, slides, photographs, audio tapes, or other media, now known or later developed. This grant includes without limitation the right to edit, mix or duplicate and to use or re-use the Product in whole or part as Producer may elect. Producer or its designee shall have complete ownership of the Product in which I appear, including copyright interests, and I acknowledge that I have no interest or ownership in the Product or its copyright.
2. I also grant Producer and its designees the right to broadcast, exhibit, market, sell, and otherwise distribute the Product, either in whole or in parts, and either alone or with other products, for commercial or non-commercial television or theater, closed-circuit exhibition, home video distribution or any other purpose that Producer or its designees in their sole discretion may determine. This grant includes the right to use the Product for promoting or publicizing any of the uses.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject