It's time for the 12th Annual Videomaker/Panasonic Contest. Show us what you can do, and we'll give you a chance to take home some pretty slick video equipment.
Grand Prize: Panasonic PV-DV710 Digital Palmcorder
First Prize: Videonics MXPro Digital Video Mixer
Second Prize: Elite Video BVP-4+ Video Processor
Third Prize: Iomega Buz Multimedia Producer & Jaz 1GB drive
Fourth Prize: NRG Resources 780-11 DayPro Power Belt
Desktop Video Bonus: Ulead Systems MediaStudio Pro 5.0 Nonlinear Editing Software
Young Videomaker Bonus: Azden 111LT Wireless Microphone System
- The 1998 Videomaker/Panasonic Contest is open to all videographers unaffiliated with Videomaker
or any of the contest sponsors.
- Use any of the NTSC consumer video
formats--8mm, Hi8, VHS, S-VHS, VHS-C, S-VHS-C or DV.
- Tapes must be produced on equipment
totaling no more than $20,000 in original value; each entry must
include an equipment list showing the original list price for
each component. Contestants will receive rating points for each
$1000 less than $20,000 of their total equipment value.
- Contestants must submit proof
(e.g. signed agreement by copyright holder) that they hold rights
to any music used in entries, as well as to any photography, film
or TV clips.
- Submit one entry per videocassette
and one form per entry. Do not affix entry forms or labels to
- Address submissions to The 1998
Videomaker/Panasonic Contest, Videomaker, P.O. Box
4591, Chico, CA 95927.
- Entry fee for the 1998 Videomaker/Panasonic
Contest is $5. If you wish to have your tape returned to you,
include an additional $5 ($10 total) for shipping and handling.
- Entries must be received by August
31, 1998. Tapes received after this date will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced in the
February 1999 issue of Videomaker. Except for those returned,
all tapes become property of Videomaker, and contestants
consent to Videomaker's use of entries for promotional
and/or editorial purposes.
- Winners are responsible for any
state, federal or other taxes resulting from the receipt of prizes.
Videomaker takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to tapes occurring during
How To Enter:
- Fill out entry form completely.
- Enclose a list describing all equipment used in the production. Give the market dollar value of each piece of equipment.
- Enclose a declaration of copyright release for all music, photography, film or video used in the tape.
- Enclose $5 for the entry fee. If you want your tape returned to you, enclose an additional $5. Send checks or money orders only, please, made payable to Videomaker.
- Send tape, form, list, release(s)
and payment to:
The 1998 Videomaker/Panasonic Contest P.O. Box 4591 Chico, CA 95927
- Enter as many times as you like. Send each entry separately according to the above procedures.
Entry Form Tape Title ___________________________________________ Name ____________________Address______________________ City ____________________State __________Zip __________ Telephone Number ______________________________________ ___ Check here if competing for Desktop Video bonus. ___ Check here if 20 or under and competing for Young Videomaker bonus. ___ Check here if you would like your video returned. (Enclose additional $5 payment ($10 total) for shipping and handling.)