QF Web Watch
San Francisco's Poetry Film Workshop is accepting entries for their Cin(E)-Poetry Fest '96 (formerly the Poetry Film/Video Festival). Cin(E) stands for Cinematic(Electronic), a name that reflects the event's branching out into the realms of CD-ROM and Web-based video. This year's theme is "Democracy, Merging Technologies and the Arts;" deadline for submissions is October 1, 1996. Entry fee: $15. For an application, contact George Aguilar at (415) 776-6602; or simply point your Web browser at http://www.slip.net/~gamuse/pfwpage.html.
The Sixth Annual Berkeley Video Festival is now accepting entries from independent videomakers. Categories include documentary, art, animation, theater, dance, comedy, commercials and experimental formats. Deadline for submissions is October 1, 1996. For entry forms and further information, write to East Bay Media Center, 2054 University Ave. Suite 203, Berkeley, CA 94704-1059; or call (510) 843-3699.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject