The MixPre-D, is a two-channel field mixer designed for use with digital equipment and for audio professionals.
This is a new mixer based on the MixPre, but incorporating extensive amounts of new, state of the art digital equipment. There are two studio-grade mic inputs, which can be linked in either MS or standard modes. This can be used with the high pass filters, limiters and phantom power, all of which can be configured from the front panel.
The Compact Field Mixer can be operated on two AA batteries, or using external mains power with the adapter. A pair of batteries will generally give four hours operating time.
The MixPre-D Compact Field Mixer is able to handle both analogue and digital outputs, making it an extremely versatile piece of equipment that can be used with a wide range of cameras and production devices. It can also stream directly to computer or Mac through a standard USB connection. Through this, the MixPre-D can also be used to provide a live feed online through a variety of devices that can connect to the internet. It will plug directly into these devices without the need to install drivers.
The MixPre-D is extremely portable, made even more so by the variety of carrying cases available for both this and the associated accessories. It is aluminium, which makes it lightweight but strong, and all connectors are also metal to ensure that it will be hard-wearing.
- 48-volt or 12-volt phantom power
- "Unclippable" input peak limiters, dual-mono or stereo linked operation
- High-pass filters, 80 Hz or 160 Hz
- Standard or MS Mode Linking
- Slate Mic and Tone Oscillator
- Mic/Line/AES Selectable Digital Outputs, digital SR of 44.1 , 48 , or 96 kHz
- 24-bit USB Streaming Output
- Headphone Monitoring
- 16-Segment GaN LED Output Meter with adjustable brightness
- Internal battery-power from two AA
- External power input, 10-18 VDC
- Dedicated mic-level output on locking TA3 connector for unbalanced camera inputs
- Weight: 0.7 kg, 1.5 lbs with batteries
- Dimensions: 1.7"H x 3.7"W x 5.5" D