Producer-Director: Kevin Puotinen - Antarctica Productions
In the hot deserts of Baja California, a wall of dust engulfs a crowd of spectators who have come to watch the annual Baja 1000 off-road desert race. Thirty feet above the roar of the racing trucks and billowing clouds of dirt, Producer/Director Kevin Puotinen is strapped to the side of a helicopter, capturing the race in all of its glory. For most, standing on the landing skids of a helicopter flying at 100 miles-per-hour would be considered a harrowing task, but for Puotinen it's just another day on the job.
Ready, Steady, Go!
Kevin Puotinen's self-start production company, Antarctica Productions, officially began operating in early 2005. Though his days now consist of a variety of exciting projects, in the past they weren't always to be desired. "For awhile it was pretty much anything that would allow me to gain experience," says Puotinen, "but now it's really turned into working on quality content that I enjoy."
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject