As social networking sites continue to grow, videographers who create plans for promoting their videos using online social networking will benefit.
As online social networks continue growing with members and features, they will benefit video producers who create plans for their involvement online.
Being consistent with this plan will enable the building of rapport and more video distribution than ever. Think of it like organizing a video project: there's Pre-production, Production and Post-production. Even still, new social offerings keep popping up like wildflowers in spring. Many websites include video distribution elements, such as Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn. There are so many social sites to be a part of, that some basic organization is called for. Will joining three social networks be better for distribution, or will 10 be better? We'll look at the benefits of forming a plan, and what tools are available to help organize your online social networks.
The Social Network Landscape
At 200 million users, MySpace has almost twice as many users as Facebook. Compare that to LinkedIn's registered 30 million. While MySpace is the top social space in terms of numbers, the professional reservoir LinkedIn boasts an active community of video producers. These social networks are a great way to meet other people. You may find other video producers from your home town or even from across the globe. You're also likely to find others with secondary interests, such as soapbox derby racing or gardening.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject