How to Enter and Win Video Contests
We see lots of videos of every kind at Videomaker, good, bad and ugly. Personally, I have numerous awards under my belt and have learned a few things about how to enter, how to get my videos noticed, how to avoid disqualification and how to have an entry rise to the top.
Why enter? It's fun, gives you a sense of satisfaction and heightens your skills--and if you win, you might win prizes and you have something cool to add to your resume.
Remember, at the contest entry point, no one has even seen your video yet; they can unceremoniously dump your video from their massively expanding entry collection without ever giving it a chance.
Here are some dos and don'ts tol help you stand out from the crowd and win in the Video Contest arena.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject