Indie Film/Video Legal Documents, 2nd EditionTotal Training for What's New in Adobe Premiere Pro 2Final Cut Pro Advanced Techniques
Indie Film/Video Legal Documents, 2nd Edition
Indie Film/Video Legal Documents is packed with 56 examples of legal documents divided into the following six categories: Collaboration and Funding, Literary Submission and Sales, Production and Distribution, Music, Employment and Releases. Each can be opened as a Portable Document Format (PDF) or Rich Text Format (.rtf). We were able to amend them easily in Microsoft Word, Apple's Pages and the open source programs OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice. The CD works on both Macs and PCs.
Though the cover claims the documents are "intended for information use only" and not as a substitute for legal advice, these documents are as good or better than most legal documents we have seen. The forms include the basics such as "Location Release," "Still Photography Release," "Make-up Artist Agreement" and "Commercial Music Contract," as well as some less common forms such as "Joint Venture Agreement," "Stunt Performer Employment Agreement" and "Nudity Rider to Employment Agreement."
Both union and non-union projects can use these forms, according to the publisher, Red Diamond Media. 4
Red Diamond Media, LLC, 2004
www.IndieLegalDocs.com, CD ROM
Suggested Retail Price:
$80 (+ $6 S&H)
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject