Giving the World Better Video
The mission of Videomaker, Inc. is to democratize and enrich television by educating, informing and inspiring people about its use. To this end, we deliver up-to-date information about video production and distribution; teaching through print, digital media and events.
Most magazines come from companies producing a variety of publications. For example, Hachette Filipacchi Media publishes many magazines including Popular Photography & Imaging, Car & Driver and Sound & Vision. Here at Videomaker, we've taken a different route. Our mission statement says it all--we are committed to this endeavor, and if we find a niche in the market that helps us achieve that mission, we'll fill it.
The enrichment and democratization of television is of utmost importance to me. TV has a tremendous amount of untapped potential for enrichment. I see TV as an information faucet spilling data, ideas and influence into the minds of the public. And what do we have to show for it? Too much shallow entertainment, and not enough information that allows us to prosper and grow. I have to agree with Newton Minow, Chairman of the FCC in the 1960s: "TV is a vast wasteland."
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject