From festive feasts to memorable moments, sound matters on holiday videos! These audio tips can help you make the most of the magiv of your cherished celebrations.
From festive feasts to memorable moments, sound matters on holiday videos! These audio tips can help you make the most of the magic of your cherished celebrations.
Your camcorder's built-in microphone is fine for some things -- a day at the beach, birthday parties and the dog's newest trick -- but it stinks for anything you'd like to see your name on. If you've read this column at all, you know of my crusade to convince all shooters to include audio alternatives in their bag of tricks. This is especially important around the holidays. Whether it's little Jimmy's first piano recital or a job to document the community symphony's holiday concert, you need options for getting good sound. Let's take a look at three different setups and how you can squeeze the most audio quality into your recordings.
Start Your FREE Trial Plus Membership To View This Article
Why Become a Plus Member?
As a Plus Member, you'll enjoy:
- Exclusive access to 1,000s of articles, tips, and videos
- Unlimited access to Videomaker Tips & Tricks video series
- Special contests and monthly drawings
- Members only eLetters
- Early online access to the current issue of Videomaker Magazine
- Members only discounts on Videomaker merchandise and more
- Priority status at Videomaker events
- The Expert Hotline: direct email access to our editors. Get answers to questions about any video subject