A. Videomaker Magazine is the world's most popular monthly consumer video production publication covering the use of camcorders, video editing, computer video and audio/video production. Includes industry news, buyer's guides and product reviews of camcorders, editing equipment and software and accessories. Videomaker Magazine gives clear and concise step-by-step instruction on video production for all skill levels - from beginner to professional.
Used in conjunction with Videomaker Online, you won't find a more comprehensive source of video production information anywhere in the world.
Videomaker's editorial staff is a team of video production experts from various backgrounds in broadcast, streaming media, computer technology and other disciplines. Videomaker editors use the tools they write about and shoot and edit video regularly. Videomaker is dedicated to reporting on behalf of our readers.
Videomaker Magazine is published monthly and is available on select newsstands and to subscribers
A. You can order from our online order form, by phone or postal mail.
- Online- Please fill out the order form on this secure website. You can choose to pay today with a credit card (We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa) or to be billed.
- By Phone- You may call our customer service line toll-free at (800) 284-3226. We are in the office Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST)
- By U.S. Mail- If you prefer to subscribe by mail, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 3780
Chico, CA 95927
A. A new subscription will begin within 6-8 weeks of the time that your subcription request is received. Please allow additional time for Canadian and International subscriptions due to the added delivery time.
A. Yes, Videomaker magazine does offer subscriptions to APO/FPO addresses.
A. Sometimes, Videomaker Magazine makes subscription offers which include free trial issues. If, after receiving your free trial issues you do not wish to continue your Videomaker Magazine subscription, just write "cancel" on your billing invoice and return that to us. You will owe us nothing.
A. Occasionally your payment and our billing invoices will cross in the mail. Please allow approximately four weeks processing time. If you have already mailed your payment, please simply disregard any further billing invoices.
A. Yes, the Videomaker Magazine order form is on a secure site.
A. Yes, if you have not made any payments on your account, please call our customer service line at (800) 284-3226, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST).
A. If you ordered through an agency (such as enews.com, EBSCO or QSP, for example) please check with that agency to ensure that the cancellation request was received and processed. The agency will handle all customer service issues.
If you ordered directly from us, please note that there is a processing time of approximately four weeks. If you should receive additional billing invoices, please disregard them.
A. All of our workshops are held at the Videomaker office in Chico, CA.
- 1350 E. 9th Street. Chico, CA 95928,
- We are 4 hours North of San Francisco and the SF Intl Airport.
- We are 2 hours North of Sacramento and the Sacramento Intl Airport.
- We suggest to our attendees to fly to Sacramento, CA and rent a car for the 2 hour drive.
- Another option is to fly to San Francisco, then transfer to a Chico, CA flight. The flight from San Fran to Chico is approx 45 minutes.
A. There are a number of area hotels near our headquarters in Chico.
A. Please see our cancellation policy
Attendees must be 18 years or older unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or teacher.
A. Upon making your purchase, an email is sent to the address you provided during checkout. This email is sent by email@example.com and contains your login key. A final reminder email is sent the morning of the event. If you did not receive either of these emails in a timely fashion, please check the Spam filter in your email service before contacting Videomaker Customer Service.
A. 11:00 AM PACIFIC TIME.
A. The webinars are not recorded for later distribution and slides are not provided. Each one is highly customized, based on attendee feedback. They are only available once, as a live presentation.
A.The webinars are not recorded, so they are not available for purchase, at this time.
A. You will receive login information once you complete your purchase.
A. Our presenters may answer some questions during the course of the webinar. We also reserve approximately 15 minutes, at the end of the webinar, to respond to additional quesitons.
A. Refund or changes to reservations are allowed prior to the event less a 15% processing fee.
A. Videomaker eNews is our monthly opt-in email newsletter for video production enthusiasts. It offers news, tips, event information, discounts on Videomaker event passes and more.
A. Videomaker eNews is sent weekly.
A. Click on the "Click here to change your email address" link near the bottom of any Videomaker eNews.
A. Click on the "Click here to unsubscribe from this newsletter" link near the bottom of any Videomaker eNews.
A. When you find something you want to buy, click "add to cart." You can view your cart anytime by clicking "view shopping cart." When you are done shopping, go to "checkout" to verify your cart and make your purchase.
A. They are automatically calculated by the Store. We use live rates from the USPS and UPS to calculate shipping charges.
A. A cookie is a small piece of information that's sent to your browser - along with an HTML page - when you access a particular site. When a cookie arrives, your browser generally saves this information to your hard drive; when you return to that site, some of the stored information will be sent back to the Web server, along with your new request.
To set your browser to accept cookies, look in the "Advanced" section of your browser's Preferences module. Under "Cookies", you'll see where you can set it to accept cookies. If you are having trouble, please email our Webmaster.
Videomaker Plus Membership
A. The cost of the plus membership is $24.99 per year.
A. Membership for our online products is on an annual basis. Your credit card will be billed up to one week prior to the expiration of your membership to ensure uninterrupted access to the Web site. A receipt will be sent.
A. Contact Videomaker Customer Service or 1-800-284-3226.
A. Please go to http://www.videomaker.com/community/login/
Click on (forgot password?)
Enter user name :
The new password will be emailed to you.
A. This usually means you have a Forum Account. Please see Forum FAQs below.
A. There is no charge to sign up to the Forum.
A. To reset your Forum password, please go to http://www.videomaker.com/community/login/
Click on (forgot password?).
Enter user name:
The new password will be emailed to you.
A. Existing Forum Account: How To upgrade to Videomaker Plus Membership:
1. Go to www.videomaker.com
2. Click on the "Plus Membership" link in the upper right corner of the page.
3. If you are not already signed into the site, you will see a page with two separate forms. Fill out the "Sign into Your Account" form using your Forum username. If you are already logged into the site, you will be taken to step 4.
4. You will be shown a form asking for your name, address and credit card information. Fill out this form and click on "Begin Free Trial" Videomaker Plus Membership is $24.99 per year after the 14 day free trial.
A. Although we do sympathize with your dilemma, but unfortunately, with a lean staff and limited time, our editors cannot give personal product or technique recommendations.
However, we can recommend a few sources of information.
- Post a question in the videomaker forums.
- You can find an index in every December issue of Videomaker Magazine that lists, among other things, all of the product reviews we've published during that previous year. The December issue also indexes buyer's guides and feature stories describing entire categories of video products. You can obtain back issues of the magazine in the Videomaker store.